WHY Choose Kinesiology?
The science of kinesiology is the foundation for understanding human movement – which muscles are involved, how they move and how they interact. The study of how our body moves – from psychological, biological, and physiological perspectives – is not only appropriate for athletes, but also for students pursuing a career as a sports therapist or doctor, coach, physical education teacher, sports scientist or fitness consultant.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
- Engage in courses and activities that promote health through physical activity.
- Improve your overall physical fitness and well being through aerobic conditioning, total body fitness, resistance and weight training, walking, hiking, swimming and various other sports.
- Build strength and endurance; reduce stress and anxiety.
- Learn to assess cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, body composition, blood pressure, health history, and dietary intake.
- Take classes in our new fitness center
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES MIGHT IT LEAD TO?
An education in kinesiology can lead to a career as a physical therapist, coach, fitness trainer or dance instructor. It is also the foundation for four-year college studies in allied health fields, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, exercise physiology, biomechanics, sport psychology, nutrition, and human growth and motor development.